Cloyes Gear & Products, Inc. has established and maintains an environmental management system that is based upon continual improvement and superior performance. The core elements of this program are described in this section.
Environmental Policy Statement
Cloyes Gear and Products Company is committed to protecting the environment of our employees, customers and the communities where we work and live. We recognize that by integrating sound environmental management practices into all aspects of our business, we can offer technologically innovative products and services while conserving and enhancing resources for future generations. Cloyes strives for continual improvement in our environmental management systems and in the environmental quality of our products, processes and services.
Conflict Minerals Policy Statement
Cloyes Gear & Products is committed to sourcing components and materials from companies that share our values around human rights, ethics, and environmental responsibility. We expect all of our suppliers to share our position which prohibits human rights abuses and unethical practices. We also require all suppliers to comply with applicable legal standards and requirements.
On August 22, 2012, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) issued the final conflict minerals rule under Section 1502 the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act (The “Conflict Minerals Rule”) The Conflict Minerals Rule requires publicly traded companies to report annually the presence of conflict minerals (tin, tungsten, tantalum and gold or “3TG”) originating in the Democratic Republic of the Congo or adjoining countries (Covered Countries).
Cloyes supports the goal of ending violence, human rights violations and environmental devastation in the Covered Countries. We are committed to complying with any requirements applicable to our Company under the Conflict Minerals Rule.
Cloyes requires all of our applicable major suppliers to provide us with completed conflict minerals declarations using the EICC/GeSI Conflict Minerals Reporting Template. We may reconsider our willingness to partner with suppliers that fail to comply with this Policy.
- 1. Meet or exceed all applicable legislation and/or regulations concerning environmental requirements.
- 2. Support and promote sound scientific principles and fiscally responsible public policy that enhance environmental quality.
- 3. Design, manage and operate our facilities to promote energy efficiency and protect the environment.
- 4. Explore opportunities to reduce waste and pollutants, conserve resources, and recycle materials at every stage of the manufacturing cycle.
- 5. Ensure that all employees are aware of their role and responsibility to fulfill and sustain Cloyes environmental management systems and policy.
- 6. Continually assess the impact of our plants and products on the environment and the communities, in which we live and operate, with a goal of continuous improvement.
- 7. Periodically audit and assess our performance against objectives and targets developed through the Environmental Management System.