Machined Product Capabilities
Quality products and people. Cloyes Gear & Products, Inc. is a medium- to high-volume, full-service supplier of quality machined sprockets, gears, and chain drive parts to automotive OEMs and other diverse markets. Founded in 1921 in Cleveland, Ohio, Cloyes has complete production facilities in Arkansas and a sales/engineering office in Royal Oak, Michigan.
The diverse scope of production components includes a variety of machined gears and sprockets for automotive, agricultural and marine markets. Our high-volume approach not only serves OEMs, but also second and third tier suppliers. We specialize in volume production with typical production rates running 500 to 5000 units per day.
We design quality into each phase of production. Cloyes employees are required to complete an intensive orientation program that includes gage reading, SPC and on-the-job training. Ongoing educational courses enable Cloyes employees to continually improve their skills.
- Materials: Irons (all), Steels (all), Phenolic Laminate, Aluminum
- Turning: Automatic, multi-spindle, CNC, hard turn
- Gear Hobbing: Traditional and 6 axis CNC
- Gear Shaving: Conventional and plunge
- Gear Grinding: CNC*
- Finishing: Drilling, broaching, milling, honing, grinding, CNC milling and deburring
- Hardening: In-House Induction, batch (carburize, carbonitride)